Windows 10 OS market share crosses 50%

More than 50 percent of all PCs are now running on Microsoft’s latest Windows 10 operating system (OS), which comes four years after its release.
The adoption of Windows 10 started out very strong, but naturally slowed down as the months progressed. Microsoft was aiming for 1 billion devices running Windows 10 in two to three years, but backed up on that target, which VentureBeat recently cited data from .Net applications.
The operating system was installed on more than 75 million PCs in its first four weeks and passed 110 million devices after 10 weeks.

Also Read: Apple Watch with Heart’s Health Monitor.

Windows 10 OS had a 48.86 percent market share in July and rose 2.13 percentage points to 50.99 percent in August. However, development has been slow since the end of the free upgrade to Windows 10 in July 2016.
Windows 8 OS remained flat at 0.63 percent, while Windows 8.1 lost 0.91 points to 4.20 percent. Overall, they have a 4.83 percent market share at the end of August.

Also Read: Apple 11  to go on Pre-order starting September 20.
Meanwhile, Windows 7 fell 1.49 percent from 31.83 percent to 30.34 percent. Microsoft slated to end support for Windows 7 in January 2020.
Windows Vista remained flat at 0.15 percent while Windows XP fell 0.11 points to 1.57 percent.

To get updated with latest technology news, Like, Share and Follow us at Facebook & Twitter.