WhatsApp has started rolling out animated stickers for Android and iOS users. Animated sticker packs are now appearing alongside regular sticker packs in the in-app sticker store. There is a play button next to these animated sticker packs, which sets them apart from the regulars. The newly launched animated sticker packs for both Android and WhatsApp for iOS apps include Rico’s Sweet Life, Playful Piyomaru, Bright Days, Moody Foods and Chummy Chum Chums. Animated sticker support is also rolling out for WhatsApp for desktop apps.
Animated stickers are available now. pic.twitter.com/gYNQyqCoe6
— WhatsApp Inc. (@WhatsApp) July 8, 2020
The instant messaging app took to Twitter to announce a rollout for the animated sticker. To see these new sticker packs and use them on WhatsApp, make sure that your app is updated to the latest version. This feature is working on WhatsApp for Android v2.20194.16 and WhatsApp for iOS v2.20.70. Once updated, open a chat and head to the sticker section by clicking the emoji icon at the bottom of the chat.
Follow these steps to add animated stickers to your WhatsApp chat.
- Open the desired WhatsApp chat, click on the emoji icon in the bottom bar.
- Select the sticker option found at the end of the screen, and click on the seen + ‘icon appearing at the extreme right of the sticker section.
- It will open a built in stickers store inside WhatsApp, listing several sticker packs to choose from.
- You’ll add the new sticker packs mentioned above to the ers all stickers’ list and come with a play button next to them, separating them from the regulars.
- Click on the sticker pack you want to download, and preview the stickers by tapping on them.
- Once you have decided, you can click on the ‘Download’ option at the bottom of the screen.
This sticker pack will now be added to the sticker section, and you can now choose to use them in conversations.