Most people in India are working employee, and most of them having PF (provident fund).
What is PF?
The PF serves as a retirement saving scheme backed by the govt. of India. Every month a share of empolee’s salary is deducted towards PF, and even the employer has to put their share of contribution. Also the beneficiary earn a fixed interest on the total amount of money.
Also Read: Xiaomi Mint Browser.
After Quit the job by beneficiary, people can transfer it to new company and also can withdraw. Earlier, for PF withdrawal, people were required to fill the form and submit a set of documents. But Now a days, beneficiary can simply login to the EPFO’s website and can apply to withdrawal in few easy steps.
Process to withdraw the PF
- Before starting the process, you need to know the UAN (universal account number). Employee can get it from their salary slip. If any first time user, first he/she needs to visit eSewa Portal and activate his/her UAN.
- After Activating UAN, Here how to submit PF withdrawal application online
- Go to Member e-Sewa portal, and login using your UAN number and password
- Now click on the online services tab and click on claim (Form-31, 19, 10C). Here, form 19 is for PF withdrawal and form 10C is for pension withdrawal.
- Here you will need to enter the last four digits of your bank account number to verify. At the bottom, click on Proceed for Online Claim after which he/her will be redirected to the claim page.
- Now user need to choose the type of claim under “I want to apply for” tab- withdraw PF only or withdraw pension only. In case user is not eligible for any criteria, the option will not be displayed.
- After selecting the relevant claim, user will see a detailed form. Simply fill in his/her details, and then authenticate using Aadhaar OTP to complete his/her PF withdrawal claim submission.
Users can also download the claim form copy in PDF format. After the PF claimed by beneficiary, it takes about 20-30 days to be credit in linked bank account. Users can also track it via ‘Track Claim Status’ from Member e-Sewa Page.