The most requested dark-mode feature is finally come to the Facebook messenger app for Android and iOS users. The Social media platform Facebook first announced the dark mode feature for their Facebook messenger app at last year’s F8 developer conference. During the conference Facebook said, that the dark-mode feature would be coming very, very soon.
Also Read: Facebook ALOHA AI.
Here is the method to enable dark-mode in Facebook messenger app
- First open the Facebook messenger app on your smartphone( Android or ios)
- In the chat thread, tap on the smiley face icon inside the messenger compose window.
- Go to the Emoji tab and find out the Crescent moon emoji and send it over.
- One done, you will get a notice an animation with the Crescent moon emoji dropping like rain over your chat.
- When the animation is over, a notification pops up notifying that ‘you found dark mode’ at the top.
- Tap on it, and you will be directly taken to the setting page, from where you can enable or disable dark mode.
- In case if you don’t see the animation, while sending the Credcent moon emoji, repeat the process, hopefully it should work next time.