It is important to note that Netflix will allow its users to disable autoplaying video from the browser. You will only be able to do this by signing in to your Netflix account. At the time of writing, Netflix does not allow you to disable autoplaying videos from the app.
Here’s how you can disable autoplaying video on Netflix
- The first step is to explicitly login to your account on the web
- The second step is to click on your profile photo in the upper right corner and then choose “Manage Profile”.
- In the Manage Profiles tab, select the profile for which you want to disable autoplay. This is only for those who have multiple profiles in their account. When you edit your profile, you’ll see a section for autoplay controls, in addition to options like name, language, and parental controls.
- In this page you can change the setting by unchecking “Autoplay next episode in a series on all devices”. This will prevent the service from automatically starting the next episode of the TV series
- This is important. You can disable the service by playing preview while browsing on all devices. When you uncheck this option, the service will stop showing previews of shows or movies on the home screen
Netflix is actually making it easy for its users to disable autoplay videos in profiles. When you uncheck the option, the streaming video service will stop the autoplay of the video on all devices.