Flipkart launches 2GUD Portal
Flipkart launched a new eCommerce portal to sell Refurbished products
On Wednesday finally launched its new e-commerce platform for refurbished goods. Called 2GUD, it is the company’s first foray into the refurbished goods market – which it says is expected to be a $20 billion (roughly Rs. 1,39,740 crores) market in 5-6 years.
Flipkart’s 2GUD platform will initially be available only via the mobile Web.
You will find products divided into 5 grades of refurbishing:
1. Unboxed like new: Unused with zero scratches. 12-month warranty.
2. Refurbished superb: Minimally used with negligible scratches.
3. Refurbished very good: Moderately used with minimal scratches.
4. Refurbished good: Extensively used with visible scratches.
5. Refurbished okay: Heavily used with significant scratches.
Flipkart says all products listed on this website goes through a rigorous 47-step quality check. For a mobile phone, for example, everything from its screens to batteries are tested. If any parts are found faulty, then the part is replaced and the phone is replaced to its full functionality.